February 29, 2008

Post Oscar Reviews

The winners, the dresses, the show - it was all good. I was a bit sad that Julie Christie didn't win for Away from Her (she was awesome), but Marion Cotillard was also excellent so that was okay. Was glad that Diablo Cody won for Juno - what a great movie that was. Best dresses - Cate Blanchett, Julie Christie, Diane Lane. Worst looks - Cameron Diaz (buy that girl a hairbrush), Rebecca Miller (what was with the buttons on that dress?), Renee Zellweger (never wear a skirt slit all the way to the waist - it looks bad when you have to walk across the stage and everyone can see your undies).

Robyn's top 10 of 2007: Michael Clayton, Across the Universe, Away from Her, Once (I haven't seen this, but I've heard it is good), Juno, Eastern Promises, Into the Wild, Bourne Ultimatum, Transformers (yes, I really liked it), and La Vie En Rose (which I also haven't seen but anticipate liking based on the bits I've seen and what I've heard). Shocking statement: I think both No Country for Old Men and There Will Be Blood are over-rated.

No comments: