July 5, 2014

X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1877832/

For me, not the greatest entry in this series, however I'm challenged to remember all of the entries in this series or the order in which they came out, and this time travelling story does not help me. The story is a bit of The Terminator - go back in time and change just one thing so that the future is changed. But it misses the other time travel rule - most things must remain exactly the same or other things might change as well; this story just kinds of skips that. Jennifer Lawrence is mostly unrecognizable in her blue latex, which is good because I'd much rather see her doing better stuff. Basically, this is a standard summer blockbuster, with lots of familiar faces, effects attempting to be impressive, and a story that in the long term will appeal only to hard-core X-Men fans who know and understand the characters better than someone like me who only sees them once a year.

No comments: